Social Enterprise Networks
The Social Enterprise Networks are a network of over 1000 members mainly in West Yorkshire, but network membership is open to all of those working for social enterprises, commissioners and other people interested in working with social enterprises. The networks were developed to help support individual businesses and develop and strengthen the sector.
The networks are grouped into sector specific clusters:
- Community Arts
- Community Services
- Construction & Housing
- Environment & Recycling
- Health & Social Care
- Young People’s Services
Benefits of being a network member
- Share information & knowledge
- Share news, views and opinions
- Develop partnership working
- Link up with contracting consortia
- Develop supply chains
- Promote your organisation
- Peer mentoring
- Networking opportunities
- Gain support for expansion/diversification
- Sharing best practise
- Share business models
All members are encouraged to get involved and share their knowledge as well as learning from others. Over the last year many of the members have benefited from being involved. Below are just a few examples of how members have benefited from the networks.
- A member was struggling in writing their memorandum and articles and asked if we could help. An email was sent to all the members and within a couple of hours a number of different copies had been received as well as lots of hints and tips and useful contacts and websites had been supplied.
- One of our art group members were interested in working abroad. We ran a workshop on this at one the networking events and the speakers were able to help the group, who have since gone on develop contacts and gain work across the world.
- Another member group were interested in learning more about the environment and how they could use new technologies within their business. Meeting experienced practitioners within this sector the group has developed the services they provide and are now becoming experts themselves.
All members are encouraged to get involved and share their knowledge as well as learning from others. Why not sign up to one or more of the networks and receive update emails and regular newsletters and further information on up and coming events and workshops in your area. Members of the network can also now join our new online forum and contract club, so sign up today!